Daniel Watson (“we”) am committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy notice concerns how your personal data is recorded, processed and stored by Daniel Watson Design. The Data Protection Act 1998 is being replaced with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which comes into effect on 25th May 2018.
The Data controller is Daniel Watson contactable at [email protected] or 07595332011
1. Information collected from you
This is information about you that you give me by filling in forms on my websites or by contacting us by phone, e-mail, website contact forms and making purchases from my sites. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. We do not receive or hold any credit card details as all credit card payments are handled via PayPal.
When we take pre-school and children club photographs, we don’t collect any personal data of the subjects being photographing. Each image is given a unique number which is given to parents/guardians of the children via the pre-school/club administrator. Personal data is only collected when an order is being placed. Any forms not collected or returned are destroyed.
We use websites such as Vimeo and YouTube to embed videos on our websites and you may be sent cookies from them via our site. Please look at the cookie and privacy policies on these third party sites if you want more information about this.
As some of these third party services may be based outside of the UK and the EU they may not fall under the jurisdiction of UK courts.
3. Purposes for which we may process the information
We use information held about you to complete and orders and services you request from us. We do not ask for more information than is necessary and your information is not added to any mailing lists or passed onto any third parties.
4. Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with our printing supplier so they can send orders to you directly.
5. Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will be stored on password protected drives or servers of our service providers.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions are handled by Paypal and will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential, and for all use made of your account with such password.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
6. How long we store your data
Personal data is only stored for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out at section 3. This may vary according to the type of information and the specific applicable purpose(s).
7. Your rights
You have various rights under Data Protection Law. These include:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data, which Daniel Watson Design holds about you;
- The right to request that we corrects any personal data if that data is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain that data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further Processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining the new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out its relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
If you feel that your data is being mishandled you have the right to complain. Complaints must be addressed in writing to Daniel Watson at [email protected] or 07595332011. If you feel that this is not satisfactory, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.
This policy was last updated in May 2018 but will be subject to regular review. Please revisit it each time that you consider giving personal data.